Wednesday, October 5, 2016

If you are looking to laugh trust Kevin James

The reviews I read told me not to bother, but I have to say I am glad I did. Kevin Can Wait, the new Kevin James comedy on CBS really made me laugh today. In fact I laughed out loud. I don't know how many times I have done that lately. I know we all remember James from King of Queens. I guess that was thought to be one of the problems, according to the experts. Who is going to let Kevin into their lives as someone other than Doug Heffernan? Me that's who, and I think you should too.

I read the research. I treat my new shows like I do my electronics. I find out what people are saying. What they liked and what they didn't. What I know from other television seasons is: it's very hard to predict the outcome of a comedy show. I decided to give this one a shot. Kevin James isn't just Doug Heffernan, the man has been in several movies, so why can't he be retired police officer Kevin Gable? From what I have seen he can. The writing is funny. The episode I watched used 2016 references so that parents and kids could relate.

Now I realize it's early in the season and other comedies have let me down. I may fall in love with this one only to find the rest of the viewing audience didn't (i.e.: The Grinder). That's okay. I am not an expert on television shows for everyone. I can only tell you what I liked and make sure you know it's worth you "making a minute" to check out. In our busy lives we don't have the time to sit and watch, when the watching isn't worth it. So I watched this one for you and I am disagreeing with some others that said they didn't like it. I liked it a lot. I smiled, I laughed and I don't need Leah Remini to move in next-door to make me like it more. Kevin James and his new CBS family can carry this one on their own.

Let me know what you think. Are there other comedies I should be checking out?
#Kevincanwaitislaughoutloudfunny
#Kevincanwait
@KevinJames

No comments:

Post a Comment