Friday, September 2, 2016

Getting back up after falling off the face of the earth

I have been gone for a while. I don't want to bore you with all the reason's why, I just want you to know I am back. So what are we watching???? My DVR has been full for a while, and I am ashamed to say it's been deleting shows because I can't keep up. On top of that trouble it has now started taping things with digital interference. So it's time for a new DVR, but not before we talk about what I have had the chance to watch.

Let's start with HBO-is anyone watching The Night Of??? I really liked it. The season is officially over, and I am not sure if I am thrilled with the ending, but the show kept me watching, while thinking at the same time. That is one of my criteria for a new show, I do like shows that demand my attention. This one centers around a Muslim college student who is accused of a crime that he says he did not do. Right from the get go, we don't know if he did it or not, so it is exciting to see how everything plays out. You see him change from a shy student to a man trying to survive prison while awaiting trial and its outcome. They take you to the night of where a woman is stabbed multiple times at a scene he admits to being at, but can't remember what happened there. He will testify that he knows he did not kill her. Worth checking out if you can make a minute in your schedule. If you are like me that is getting harder and harder to do.
#HBOTHENIGHTOFWORTHCHECKINGOUT

Something else I always watch this time of year is Big Brother. Reality TV is not my thing, but this show has had my attention from it's first season. It started when I worked for a CBS television station.  It was the talk around the water cooler at work. We had to promote it, and we had to interview the participants via satellite every season. Now I no longer work at the station, but every summer I turn it on and watch a group of housemates battle it out for $500,000. This year has been a little painful, but my man James is still in the game. The comps are fun to watch, but the people have been getting on my nerves from the beginning. CBS even brought some old contestants back, and that still didn't keep my attention. I think executives better brainstorm and come up with a new and more exciting version of Big Brother for next summer, or this fan may not be tuning in. Until then, I will stick with this season to the end, because it' very hard to look away from a train wreck. #BIGBROTHERCBSNEEDSSOMESERIOUSHELP

TNT is always a good place to tune in during the summer. Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, and Murder in the First are all good shows if you like crime and drama. I love the characters and while crimes may start to all sound the same it's the personal stories of the people that always pull me through. Rizzoli and Isles is having it's series finale next week and I am very sad to see this show go. Hopefully the actresses who play the lead characters will go on to other successful projects. #TNTKNOWSDRAMA

It is good to be back, and now that it is almost fall you can bet I will be blogging a little more. I see lots of potential in the television world. Can't wait to get a new DVR so I can start filling it up again. Getting lost in television shows is the best way to temporarily escape the parts of life that can really bring you down. It's my break from reality. I hope you are getting that much needed break too.

No comments:

Post a Comment