Thursday, January 1, 2015

I'm making a New Year's Resolution: to watch more Good TV

I chuckle as I write this. I don't expect you too, you don't know me that well. The truth is I watch a lot of TV as it is. So my New Year's Resolution is a little silly. I mean, can I really watch more TV. I would like to. The problem is I want to watch good TV. So that's why my first blog of the new year is a request for good television shows to watch.

If you follow me then you know I watched BreakingBad, nearly done with the SonsofAnarchy, seen every season of Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and Parenthood. I am currently watching Homeland, the Affair, Walking Dead and Blacklist. I love House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. So as I brace for colder weather, I figure I will be snuggled up in my bed searching the guide for something to watch. I am just not sure what show is worth my attention.

Do I pull up Amazon Prime and watch an original series there, or do I watch something older on Netflix? People have talked to me about The Wire, Copper, Kingdom. I am not sure where to start. If I waste to much time deciding then my shows taking the "winter break" will be coming back, and then I will have plenty to watch, and I might miss a good opportunity.

Is there something you are watching that I might want to make a minute for you should let me know. I know there is a lot of television out there. One thing I have noticed in my recently televison viewing is that cable is way to go, as well as websites you can subscribe to. ABC, NBC and CBS have some  entertaining programs available, but many times I feel like I am watching the same thing over and over. The cable networks can push the envelope and when it comes to watching television, people need more envelope pushing to keep their attention.

FOX tried with Kevin Bacon's the Following. I did two seasons of that show, taking an interest in what  FOX would do that would be different. The violence was on a whole new level when it comes to network television. I think one season would of been a very good show, but the second season lost me. Killing and stabbing people for 60 minutes wasn't really what I was looking for. Now I do love Bacon. I just don't love him enough to watch terrible television, when the channel guide has so much more to offer.

It's a new year, full of new challenges. So I challenge of you to challenge me. Give me more GOOD television shows to watch. I won't promise I will watch them. But I am ready to make a minute, for the right ones.
#watchinggoodtvin2015
#happynewyearwhatareyouwatchingnow
#makeaminuteforgoodtv

No comments:

Post a Comment