Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Free HBO means catching up with the rest of you: Up First True Detectives

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me. I am getting HBO for free. Now it's only a 3 month deal, so that means I need to hurry up and watch what ever I can. My husband had heard from someone to watch True Detectives. That's where we started. He thinks it's a little dark for him, I like it a lot. I think it may be because I love Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey.  I am not sure my husband has the same love. I don't know if he can. It may be a woman thing. But these two guys in the same place at the same time.... definately have my attention.

Now from what I gather, the season I am watching is over, and another will start that will be completely different? Please correct me if I am wrong. I am just starting to gather info on this show. I only three episodes in. It doesn't have a lot of action, but it has a lot going on, which I like. So many shows I have watched lately I could keep track with my eyes on my computer or my book, or my iPhone. This one needs my full attention. That right there says something.

Multitasking is the way these days. In order to do everything, we have to do some things at the same time. As a mother of 4, I know that all too well. I will say I think it is dangerous to do it all the time. I try to encourage my children to do less. It's important to give your undivided attention to things. To make a minute and pay attention to just one thing. I do think it is healthy for the brain. True Detectives is a very deep, dark, complicated story, while being my breath of fresh air.

I am hoping that doesn't confuse you. It's like when you find a good book that you can't put down. You just want to sit and read as much as you can, now it's very hard to read and do other things at the same time (and don't get me started you audio book people!). I am just talking about that great page turner (digital pages included). True Detectives gives you a story you must watch, so you can follow. It's a back and forth account of a girls death, that took place in Louisiana 17 years ago. You go back with both detectives as they tell the story how they remember it.

Both actors are animated, and play their parts perfectly. McConaughey is excellent. His great mind as a detective is still there, but he has lost his ability to function in the real world. You see him 17 years later in the interview room with detectives. His hair has grown out, and it's hard to tell the last time he showered. In the middle of the interview he requests a six pack of beer in order for it to continue. He has truly given into his tendencies, that you can see during the flash backs. Harrelson on the other hand, seems to be the same. Clean shaven, suit wearing, businessman (a little thicker around the waist). I am not into the show enough to know where his life has gone. I don't know his rank, or if his job is still with the force. I also don't know the state of his marriage, but I can only imagine. They show him stepping out on his wife in the first couple of episodes. I really don't know what that means for the future of his family. But trust me it won't take me long to figure it all out.

I do read that there is a second True Detectives in the works. While I make a minute for this one, I may not be able to see the second (i did say this is a 3 month HBO deal). But the good news is it runs completely new in the second season. So for those of you full of excuses not to watch right now, maybe you just want to pick up the second season. The same people will be behind the scenes, and I think that will mean good things on the screen.

If you have watched, let me know your thoughts. I would love to know if  this show is as good as I think it is.
#TrueDetectivesDramafeelsreal #TrueDetectivesHBOLoveWoodyMatt
#makingaminuteforHBOTRUEDETECTIVES



No comments:

Post a Comment