Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It's been a while, but I am back and my DVR is still recording

It feels great to be back on the blog. I mentioned in my last post, I have been sidelined by illness. Breast cancer reared it's ugly head in March, and now after treatment and surgery I am starting to feel a little more like myself. It is a rough ride, fighting cancer, but I have to consider myself lucky, because many people stay on the ride longer then I have. So where was I, oh that's right, making sure you are watching the right shows. What does your DVR list have on it?

I am taping a lot, but the watching is going very slowly. I guess that's because I am finding the shows are not as advertised, and they are not holding my attention. Before I tell you what not to watch, lets go over what I do like, while there is still time for you to make a minute and catch up.

I am near the end of The Bridge on FX. Season 2 has been good, but it takes a lot of attention to watch this one. It is not a multi-tasking show. There are subtitles and many of the scenes are dark so you need to keep your eyes on the screen so you don't miss something. Right now, I don't know if I am giving it the attention it deserves. I do what I can, but I feel I should almost rematch it and give it closer attention. But who has time for that?

If you like a show with a deep twisted story, The Bridge is for you. It involved the Mexican Cartel, drugs, money, and slaves. There is murder, lots of blood, and demons for nearly every character. Police, both in the United States and Mexico are involved, and on particular Mexican officer is working with US police, but he has a strong, personal, connection to one of the bad guys. It's a crazy story that involved DEA and CIA and I am excited to see how it ends. I am not sure if it will be back for a season 3, but I can live with that. #WatchTheBridgeonFX

One show I am still enjoying is Dallas on TNT. I really feel as thought this newest version is doing a great job of relating back to the old Dallas without losing anyone who may have never watched. I have heard it is the end for this "reboot." If that is the case I will miss it. This season is only 5 or so episodes in, and I feel like it is better then the first year the show was on.  JR (Larry Hagman) is no longer with us, but his character still has an awesome presence. It's a nice soapy drama, something I don't see much of. There are many drama's filling TV screens across America, but there is something to be said about the way things were done when I spent my Friday's watching Dallas and Falcon Crest. Those were primetime Soap Operas. So if you miss that at all, make a minute to watch Dallas on TNT. #TNTandDallasbringtheBOOM

If you love to laugh then you should be checking out the League on FX. Now it is in it's 6th season, but that should not scare you away. It is a comedy. So you can pick it up just about anywhere. At first I didn't like it. My husband told me to watch it,  a year ago. I tried. Honestly, I couldn't get into it. So one night when I am trying to go to sleep, he has it on. It's only 30 minutes, so I am thinking I will drift off listening to it. Next thing you know I am cracking up, and putting on my glasses so I can see what is happening. Now I am hooked. We went back and watched tons of old episodes, not in any particular order. There are a few "not so funny" episodes here and there, but for the most part this is a great show. If you are not laughing at any shows right now, you should be laughing. So make a minute for the League Wednesday nights at 10:00 on FX. #LaughwiththeLeagueonFX #TheLeague onFXaddsyearstoyourlife

Something I will say I didn't get into was Penny Dreadful on Showtime. Really wanted to, because I was missing my American Horror Story. The horror happening on the streets of London, and under the streets of London was just too much for me to follow. I was drawn in by promises of classic horror stories reborn (Frankenstein, Dracula). The show may have delivered all of that, but I was out after episode 2.

Two shows on my DVR that I haven't had time to check out are Rush and Satisfaction (Both on the USA Network).  I have had some people tell me they are worth watching. If you think I should make a minute and binge watch these shows, let me know. I am undecided. With the Fall shows beginning, I am not sure how much time I will have. I know, I am always tell you guys to Make a Minute, I should probably do the same. #shouldImakeaminuteforRushandSatisfactiononUSA?

That's it for now. Fall is in the air and very soon will be on the DVR, so much to talk about in the coming weeks. Please let me know what new shows you will be watching so I can add them to my list.




No comments:

Post a Comment