Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer Watching What is on your DVR?

Just because it's summer doesn't mean you can't keep recording. I know all of your regular favorites are taking a break, but believe me there are still some good things to check out. Take me for instance, busy mother of 4. Kids are out of school, so I have had to reconfigure my television watching schedule, but I have not cancelled TV time all together.

TNT is one of my go to networks in the summer. You know #TNTKnowsDrama. Right now I am watching Major Crimes. It's the spinoff from The Closer. It's your typical police drama but the my interest lies with the characters and their personal lives. I was a fan of The Closer, but I don't think you have to be to enjoy this show. The team solves crimes just like any other "crime drama," but they will have you laughing at times, while crying at others. I have been a big fan of CSI (the original) since it started.  My biggest complaint: not enough story about the main cast. Some people like it, some people don't. If you do, Major Crimes is for you!
#MajorCrimesisMajormustsee

My DVR is set for Murder in the First. That's another crime type show on TNT. I have to say I have not watched yet, so I will give you my full review soon, but I saw Taye Diggs, and though I will give it a go. You know what else I saw: Steven Bochco. That name is associated with such series as "Hill Street Blues," "L.A. Law," and "NYPD Blue." I don't know if I need to say more. I think the combination is there, we just have to see how it comes together on TNT.  Articles I have read so far are saying it digs into the crime, and into the courtroom. I think I will like it!

Of course my girls who can't escape the lies are back on ABC Family. Pretty Little Liars just returned and the first episode was very revealing... or was it? It was a lot to digest and I am not sure how much of it I believe. One thing I did keep in mind was there is still a dead mom in the grave, and a group of people organizing to stop Allison. It seems crazy that one girl could do so much damage, but if it were too true to life I wouldn't be watching. Remember I live real life, I watch TV to escape real life. #PrettyLittleLiarsreturns#moreliesorfinallythetruth

If you watch FX you may be interested to know "The Bridge" will soon be returning. I wasn't sure this show was coming back, but so glad it is. It stars Demian Bichir (Esteban from Weeds) in a very different role. He is a police officer in Mexico, that comes to the United States to help solve a murder. That was last season. There you see him join forces with an American officer in Texas. You can tell the American officer likes to operate alone, so forced to work together the two make an interesting pair.  There are subtitles at times, but I enjoyed the cast and the storyline. If you don't have enough crime and drama in your life, make a minute, and check it out. #ThebridgereturnsonFXinJuly

Then if you think you know me at all, you probably don't know me. I say that because in the last week I have taken to watching the Food Network and HGTV. And that is not me. Sidelines by side effects from an illness I am fighting I was forced to stay on the couch. That means, after the DVR was empty, cooking show after cooking show, and a show I have fallen in love with Fixer Upper. This show showcases renovation, design and real estate pros Chip and Joanna Gaines who fix up houses with amazing results. For me it started with just a couple of episodes, and now my DVR is set to record the series. Many times with this type of program you see a lot of the same thing. I really feel this show works to make each show original, and the couple has such a great relationship you never get tired of watching them.
#FixerupperonHGTV#Ilovechip&JoannaGainesandsowillyou

Don't give up your TV watching just because it's summer. What I will suggest is making sure your DVR has tons of room for new shows you want to check out. That way you can take your time and get to them when you make a minute. If you don't like them, or maybe just need a little to much attention for your summertime vacation brain, then hit delete.  Summer time shows need your attention too, so they can stick around and come back in about 6 months for season two. Don't give up, just set your DVR and let the shows come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment