Sunday, May 11, 2014

I'm watching the Americans. Are you?

This is a new one I haven't blogged about before.  The show isn't new, it's actually in its second season. It's a FX drama about Soviet spies in the 1980s. As soon as I saw Keri Russell in a banana clip and guess jeans I knew this was a show I had to watch. It does take me back every time I turn it on. There are clips of President Ronald Reagan giving speeches, and the spies are trying to steal plans about the American's program to make a plane invisible (STEALTH technology.) Now I am not a history buff so I don't look for inconsistencies while I watch. I just enjoy it and and my trip back to the 80's.

Matthew Rhys is another reason I am watching. Anyone remember him from Brothers and Sisters? I have to say I enjoy him more on the Americans. He is the Russell's husband. The two of them were thrown together years ago, forced to behave as husband and wife to serve their country- the Soviet Union. Now you can see they actually love one another. They have two children and they try to live as normally as possible, until it's time to run out in the middle of the night and watch, kidnap or kill someone.

There are more subtitles this season then last, but that really doesn't bother me that much. Those who work at the Russian embassy speak Russian, so you have to read their conversation. There is a woman there that is having a relationship with an FBI agent. She is also trying to steal secrets from the American government.

To make the whole thing a little more interesting that same FBI agent lives next door to Russell and Rhys. Nothing like trying to be a spy with the FBI nearby. It does make them a little more careful, which probably isn't a bad thing.

So I realize this one is pretty much underway. For those of you who haven't made a minute to check it out, may say why do it now? It is very easy to follow, and it keeps your attention which is something I can't say for some other shows people are watching. It has good acting, which is another thing I can't say for some other shows people are watching. I watch a lot of television. I try almost everything people  tell me to. Some of it is really bad. The Americans is not bad. In fact it's good. So make a minute, and take a trip back to the 80's with me. Maybe that banana clip will make a come back.

#theamericansonfx#wherebananaclipsarestillinstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment