Monday, November 4, 2013

Home Sweet Homeland

All I can say is "it's about time."

I have watched three-maybe four episode of Homeland on Showtime only to be left with this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, and this confused look on my face. This is the third season of Homeland, and season 1 and 2 were fantastic. So you can imagine my excitement when the show returned to my television screen. Then you can imagine my disappointment when the show went exactly nowhere for the first few episodes. Those of you who watch with me, know exactly what I am talking about.  "We pay good money for Showtime, to watch Homeland. So far this season I have been asking myself  "Why?"

Then there was last night's episode. So just when I am about to give up, this drama that... mixes government, terrorism, spies, CIA, FBI, sex, crazy, and suicidal tendencies...I am pulled right back in. Bravo to the writers of this show. It started out two seasons ago centered around a man, just back from being held prisoner of war. A military man, people thought was a terrorist. While serving his country he was taken prisoner and turned against his own country. That's how the story starts, but the more you watch, the more you know there is much more to this story.

I watched Season 1 on demand. It took my husband and I two weeks to watch the whole season. We watched, glued to our seats, telling our 4 children to fend for themselves, we were watching Homeland. The second season we watched as it happened. It was slower, but the detail to characters, and the information kept your attention. The ending was a cliffhanger, so setting the DVR for Season 3 was a no brainer. Not knowing what to expect, I think it could have started off quicker, but now I am seeing where it is heading, I am very interested.

This show has managed to take the focus that was two seasons in another direction, making the show more viable for future seasons to come. I can already see this coming full circle, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I don't call it predictable, because I can't figure it out, but I can see some elements coming back around. This show is going to take an interesting trip, and I am going to be along for the ride. If you are looking for something great to watch, make a minute, and get on board.
#HomelandisgreatonShowtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment