Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's an American (horror) Story

So too tired to post this last night, I am trying to get caught up tonight. I have to say my television watching is slowing down as all the shows come back in full swing. Very hard to keep up night to night. One show I watched as it DVRed was American Horror Story. Not a practice I normally do, but I could not wait for this show to return. Let me tell you, this season is called the Coven, and oh my goodness it is going to be good.

Just in time for ghosts and goblins, come the witches of AHS. It's something you should make a minute to watch. I know you have heard this before, but this is something you just have to see. I often compared the shows past seasons to a train wreck, something you can't look away from. I feel this season will be much of the same. The people behind this mini-series masterpiece are very talented. Last season was great, this season has the potential to be awesome.

The cast is celebrity heavy. The great Jessica Lange is back, so is Sarah Paulson. Then there are the new additions of Emma Watson and Kathy Bates. As you are watching very closely, you are introduced to the very lovely but evil Angela Bassett. They spoiled that Bates would be coming, but I am not sure I heard anything about Bassett or Watson. As usual they bring back actors from AHS past. Those you will recognize, and may have to readjust to remember who they are now, but for others they aren't around long enough to matter.

So it's an American Story, complete with all the horror you could imagine. It's gory, yes. Scary, yes. Shocking, yes. Last season I could only watch during the day. That's right I am one of those Horror movie watchers. A scaredy cat, if you will. Don't that that poison your opinion about me and my blog on American Horror Story. I like anyone enjoy a good scare, I just prefer mine in the middle of the day.

As you watch I would love to know your thoughts. I have many but I am not in the business of spoiling. So make a minute, watch AHS. It will hold your attention without a doubt. Some will love it, others will hate it. But those who stick with it, will witness a very unique show, that introduces you to things you may have never imagined. It's not fairy tale (once upon a time), it's Horror in an hour. An hour where you may forget to breath, because you are so caught up in the story. An hour where your stomach may hurt, because you forgot to breath, and you are so worried about what is happening in front of you. That my friends is good television. Not many of my other shows take me on the same journey.

Let me know if you decide to take the journey with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment